Monday, September 21, 2009

Amsterdamned Video



This past Summer I had the pleasure of touring in Europe for my first time. Late one night, while I was in the Netherlands, I was walking around Leiden Centraal and I stumbled across an 'antikraak' pad that was filled with paintings and other artwork. My curiosity got the best of me and I wandered into the building to see if the space was inhabited.  I was immediately greeted by a man who introduced himself as "Justus the painter".  He gave me a brief tour through his antikraak gallery and we ended up chatting into the wee hours of the morning, talking of life, love, music, and song.

I was so inspired while I was there that I decided to film a live performance.  I ended up shooting a video for the song 'Amsterdamned' - a song that talks about the traveling lifestyle, the struggles therein, and the self-reflection that almost always ensues.

Justus Donker is a talented painter currently based out of Leiden, Netherlands.  He was recently featured in an article in the Leiden University newspaper.  Check out his his website and admire his works - I know I certainly enjoyed them.

-J04L

No comments: