Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas morning

If you're anything like my family and I, you stayed up into the wee hours of the morning last night - eating snacks, playing games, and laughing your heads off. Our Christmas evening was filled with a whole range of emotions: tears of laughter, tears of joy, and even tears of a heart touched by the simple verse of a poem. Yes, we all write poems at Christmas.

Now, as the sun climbs high into the noonday sky, everyone is beginning to stir in the Kamps house - and the scent of fresh coffee beckons us to fellowship. As I sit and reflect on our old worn couch, there is so much to be thankful for on this, the most glorious of mornings. This past year has seen me face a variety of challenges, trials, and struggles; choices made and their stains of regret. Still, the gentle guiding hand of the Son of Man has seen me through it all. His shepherd staff at my back - keeping my posture whole [creating a holy posture].

So now I go, upward and onward into this needy world - wishing you and yours the best this day, when everything changed two thousand and forty-three years ago.

1 comment:

jessiya said...

"yes, our family writes poems".
awesome