Saturday, November 20, 2010

CD Release Tour - entry 5 (all for Enderby)

So where were we... ahhh yes, sleeping in the vehicle in Enderby, BC. This was a new experience for both Nathan and I. In the past I have slept in several different vehicle makes and models - none ever as comfy as my Toyota Camry wagon. I slept in that sweet ride for six weeks in the middle of Winter while I was living in St Albert, AB. I'm getting off-topic already. Coffee cup needs refilling.

Now Nathan and I didn't get much sleep that evening in Enderby. The city had been ripping up the main street to put in some new water lines, and coincidentally the side-street we chose to park on was transformed during the night into a quarter-mile drag-strip for all the locals to avoid the construction. Every ten minutes we were startled out of our uncomfortable state of pseudo-sleep by the obnoxious roar of a diesel truck flooring it through the blackness. All this suffering was well worth it though, for come morning we discovered the glory that is 'Hungry Jack's'.

This place was recommended to me on past tours but I had no idea where it was located. Amazing breaky. So good. I think I even saw Nathan shed a tear between sips of freshly pressed organic apple juice.

During the day we drove into Salmon Arm, suited up at the local thrift-store and then hit the recreation center for a swim. What a quaint town. We headed back to Enderby for our gig at Cliff's Cafe, which was utterly stellar, and met a tons of amazing new people - and some great local talent. Big shout-outs to Adam (venue owner and music supporter extraordinaire) and Ryan Murphy, a local gem of a performer. Enderby will definitely be a regular stop for me on future tours through BC.

Stay tuned for more to come!

-J04L & Nate

No comments: