Monday, November 22, 2010

CD Release Tour - entry 6

Once our concert in Enderby was over we headed out to Salmon Arm to crash at the Stellinwerff's for the night. They were gracious hosts, allowing us to sneak into their open garage during the wee hours of the morning. I'm sure we looked like cat burglars, sneaking up the driveway, prying our way into their massive wooden carport doors...

Fast-forward several days, several house concerts, delicious meals, warm beds, epic conversations - and you would find us in Edmonton, AB. Nathan and I kept ourselves busy with dropping off records at radio stations, playing several gigs each day, and catching up with friends we hadn't seen in some time. Despite my Calgarian roots (and the traditional rivalry that comes with), I really enjoyed myself during our time there. Good friends, family, and lots of support for the local arts. I cannot name everyone, but quick shout-outs go to: Jennz, Jamie, Rob, Karisa, Lisa Marie, the Tiemstra gang, Aaron, Alex, Joel, Kasim, and the host of other awesome people we met while we were up there.

With the Northern AB leg complete, Nathan and I hit up Blackfalds for a gig at a local cafe: After the Grind. What an awesome space! This venue is apparently the oldest building in Blackfalds and had the most wonderful old-school hardwood floor ever. Uneven, stained, and creaky as ever, I was in carpentry heaven. While we were there we ran into a bunch of other friends and family - thank you all for coming out!

All tour my vehicle has been having issues on-and-off, so a tough decision was made to postpone our date in Brooks, AB. We will be there. Count on it. ;)

-J04L & Nathan

No comments: